If you develop a damaged tooth, or one with a serious oral health issues, the you may need a restoration. We provide our Tucson, AZ, patients with a lifelike restoration that can be placed in a single visit! Find out more about same day crowns in today’s blog.
Try Our Quiz on Same Day Dental Crowns
- True or False: We can fix damaged or misshapen teeth.
- True or False: They aid in tooth replacement.
- True or False: They will look natural.
- True or False: Creation and placement takes one visit.
- True. The restoration fits over the visible portion of the tooth, allowing us to address serious issues with a tooth’s appearance and function. We often use them to repair cracked, chipped, or broken teeth. We also reshape naturally malformed teeth and help close gaps between the teeth. If a patient wears down a tooth due to bruxism (teeth grinding), we also lengthen them using a custom-made dental crown.
- True. We also help anchor a dental bridge in place, which replaces between one and three missing teeth in a row. For patients with single tooth dental implants, we use one to complete the visible portion of the tooth.
- True. We create them using ceramic, a strong material that mimics the appearance of tooth structure and also contains stain-resistant properties. When in place, the restoration will look completely natural.
- True. We first prepare the teeth by removing a small amount of structure and then take detailed digital impressions. The impressions allow us to create a 3D model, which we upload into a special machine to mill a crown from a solid block of ceramic. In the same visit, we place the completed restoration.
Do You Have Questions About Same Day Dental Crowns?
In order to restore the health and beauty of your smile, we may suggest a natural looking restoration. For more information, schedule a consultation with your dentist by calling Dr. Newman’s office in Tucson, AZ, today at 520-296-5439. We’re conveniently located inside the Colonial Verde Dental building, and proudly welcome the residents of all surrounding communities.